THINGS YOU SHOULDN'T DO BEFORE GOING TO BED THAT AFFECT YOUR HEALTH.

Sleep is very important to the health because it relieves stress and helps in relaxation. Records say that almost 25% of people have trouble falling asleep if which the remaining 75% gave this occasionally. Sleep is relevant for good health. But there are some hidden habits we do everyday and think it is a normal thing but have negative impacts on our sleep resulting to Insomnia.

 

This post contains things that you should stop doing before you go to bed if you want to have a nice night's rest.

 

Things You Should Not Do Before Sleeping:

 

1. Smoking:

Cigarettes contain a substance called Nicotine and it has effects on the body just the way caffeine does too. This stimulate brain activity, increases your blood pressure and pulse rate. All these does not help in good sleep and if at all you fall asleep, the sleep quality won't be enough for you. Researchers say that the most people to have insomnia are the smokers. Inorder to sleep effectively, do not smoke, or if you can't handle it , do not smoke 2 hours before going to bed. It is best for you.

 

2. Exercising:

Exercising is good for the health and is effective in Making us fall asleep faster and relieves stress. But exercise should be done 5-4 Hours before going to bed as it works that way. Don't just do your workouts and you go straight to bed immediately, at that time, your body is awakened and agile and this won't let you sleep.

 

3. Drinking of water:

Water therapy is good for your health, it is good to take water before sleeping but very small amount. This is because if you drink much water, you might wake up at night and have bags under your eyes in the morning. But this doesn't stop you from drink water in the night. A glass of water will be okay for you so that it won't cause problems for you.

 

4. Napping:

Napping is good for the health and good for your sleep if you do this at the right time of the day. If you want to sleep well at night, you may nap between 1PM and 3PM. But if you nap in the evening, it will be difficult to fall asleep in the night. Sleeping at the same time of the day everyday is good as the brain gets used to it. You should have a nap in nothing less than one hour and thirty minutes. Also Doctors advises people suffering from Insomnia to refrain from taking naps.

 

5. Taking hot shower:

People think that hot shower gives positive results to good sleep but this is not so. It is difference in temperature that helps us fall asleep faster said by researchers. The higher the difference, the more we want to sleep. That's why you should take a shower if you are too energetic. Also Hot water affects our skin because it stimulates blood flow to several layers which affects the sleep.

 

GET A WEBSITE BUILT FROM AS LOW AS 15000NGN CALL OR WHATSAPP DARLINGTON SARO ON 08061676089

Enjoyed this article? Stay informed by joining our newsletter!

Comments

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Related Articles
May 28, 2020, 10:58 AM - Ifeanyi Israel
May 21, 2020, 10:09 PM - Williams
About Author
POPULAR
Mar 3, 2020, 11:43 AM - Vincent
Mar 25, 2020, 11:51 PM - Emmanuel
Mar 7, 2020, 8:57 AM - Ebom Chisom Ursula