Bitter kola is a nutritious fruit that feels good in the body but the truth is that most people don't like taking it, reason be that it has a bitter taste. Bitter things are healthy to the system and vice versa for sweet things.
In this article, I will open your eyes to the numerous benefits of eating bitter kola that can prevent several illnesses and diseases. The benefits of eating bitter kola include:
1. Reduction in the risk of prostate cancer: The prostate gland houses the seminal fluid and it's designed in such a way that it always empties its content. It has a normal size but in some people as they approach the age above 40, the gland enlarge in size which pose risk of prostate cancer. Eating bitter kola has been shown to prevent gland enlargement and subsequently preventing prostate cancer.
2. Oxygenation of organs: Eating bitter kola ensures a proper circulation of oxygen to organs of the body. Remember that the protein hemoglobin present in the red blood cells is responsible for transporting oxygen to all part of the body. The iron content in bitter kola enhances the production of hemoglobin which subsequently increases the supply of oxygen to organs and tissues.
3. It acts as a laxative: Bitter kola is a natural laxative that ensures that there is evacuation of faces from the large intestine by aiding digestion of food. It also reduces constipation and bloating.
4. Presence of aphrodisiac properties: Bitter kola is an aphrodisiac that stimulates sexual desires. Eating bitter kola before sexual intercourse has been shown not only to enhance sexual performance but also to make you last longer as a man.
5. Reduction in the risk of asthma: Eating bitter kola has been shown to reduce the risk of suffering from asthma.Bitter kola is effective in treating respiratory illnesses and also clears the airways by removing dust particles. It prevents allergies from taking place and rid of allergens capable of causing allergic reactions from the body.
6. Reduction in blood pressure: Bitter kola contains the mineral element potassium which counters excess sodium in the body. Eating bitter kola has been shown to lower blood pressure in hypertensive patients by ensuring the elimination of excess sodium in form of sodium salt. When the amount of sodium in the body increases, it leads to an increase in blood volume and when the volume of the blood increases, its pressure increases as well.
7. Boosting metabolic rate: Metabolism is the sum total of chemical reactions in the body. This is very essential for the continuous survival of an organism. An increase in the rate of metabolic rate will lead to an increase in energy generation and utilization by the cells of the body. Eating bitter kola has been shown to boost metabolic rate and increases energy turnover in the cell.